- Pros and Cons of H-D Insurance
- Cost of Harley-Davidson Insurance
- Harley-Davidson Coverage
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you're comparing motorcycle insurance options, don't forget the options offered by Harley-Davidson insurance (H-D insurance). Although your monthly premiums will likely be slightly higher than if you went with a traditional insurance company, you may find that it's worth the additional cost.
Harley-Davidson Isn't Just for Harleys
Despite the name, Harley-Davidson insurance isn't just for Harleys. The carrier offers motorcycle insurance for all makes and models of motorcycles.
Pros and Cons of H-D Insurance
There's a reason why motorcycle riders choose Harley-Davidsons—their bikes are made to last, they have a style and size to suit almost everyone, they're dependable, and maintenance is easy.
On top of offering quality motorcycles, Harley-Davidson is also a good choice for insurance.
- Provides coverage for most motorcycle types (not just Harley-Davidsons)
- A lot of add-on coverage options (easy to customize)
- Various discounts can be applied
- Slightly more expensive than insurance from a standard insurance carrier
- Not able to bundle it with other insurance policies (e.g., home insurance, car insurance)
Cost of Harley-Davidson Insurance
Harley-Davidson insurance costs slightly more than what a policy from a standard insurance carrier (e.g., Geico, Progressive) will offer, but it does come with additional benefits.
According to ValuePenguin, insurance through Harley-Davidson will set you back around $89 more per year compared to cheaper motorcycle insurance providers. But you'll probably still only be paying around $26/month, which is very affordable when it comes to insurance.
Although Harley-Davidson insurance services plans cost more than other carriers on average, various discounts can be applied to bring your monthly premium down.
You may qualify for discounts if you:
- Insure a new motorcycle
- Are an experienced rider
- Have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license
- Own a home
- Equip your bike with an anti-theft device
- Add other H-D insurance products (bundle)
- Are a member of the Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.)
- Complete the H-D Riding Academy New Rider course
- Make your H-D insurance payments on time (get a discount when you renew your policy)
- Add a second motorcycle to your policy (it must be newer)
- Are with Harley-Davidson insurance services for more than a year
H-D insurance offers all of the standard coverage options that you would get from a different auto insurance carrier, including:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist bodily injury liability
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist property damage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical expenses coverage
In addition to the standard coverage options, H-D insurance also offers options add-ons, including:
- Equipment coverage
- Equipment replacement
- Roadside assistance
- Vacation rental coverage
- Motorcycle replacement coverage
- Guest passenger liability
Sentry Insurance Group Underwrites H-D Insurance
If you file a claim with Harley-Davidson insurance services, Sentry Insurance Group will be responsible for the payment.